Tuesday, February 15, 2011

SharePont 2010: Visual Webparts in Sandboxed Solutions????

I did not know this thing before.

Sometime back Microsoft released a extensions to Visual Studio 2010 called "Visual Studio 2010 SharePoint Powertools" using which it is possible to create a visual web part within a Sandboxed Solutions. What this does is, the .ASCX control (Visual Webpart) is generated as custom code. I think this is a very nice feature for traditional ASP.NET developers. These extensions are available here

As a quick recap, this kind of custom code  generation is possible because, user controls need to be deployed onto LAYOUTS folder on the file system. Sandboxed Solutions do not allow writing anything to the File System.


1 comment:

  1. I want to use Ajax control (Multi selected drop down list) in Visual sandbox webpart with Sharepoint 2010, but it does not works at my end. Please help me out.

    Thanks in Advance
    Jyoti Sisodiya

    ReplyDelete