- Only supports asynchronous operations
- Applications need to run in a trusted area of SharePoint, either a SharePoint library or ClientBin folder under SharePoint root folder (14 hive).
- Default ClientAccessPolicy.xml supports only calls within the same domain. If calls need to be made across domains from a silverlight application, ClientAccessPolicy.xml file needs to be updated to allow such calls.
Accessing Client Object Model
For Sliverlight applications (Located in TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\ClientBin under SharePoint root)
- DLLs required for SharePoint client applications are located under SharePoint Root folder (14 hive)
- Add references to the above DLLs in Visual Studio